How to navigate and win at office politics masterclass.
Being able to navigate office politics is one of the most critical skills that is required for career success. Office politics are a reality of corporate life. Most people define office politics in a negative way, but the right definition is that ‘office politics is an art of influencing others so that we can get stuff done at work’. Office politics provide the unwritten rules that determine what, when and how. The main question is: Do you understand how to engage in office politics and why? What is critical is knowing the rules and benefiting from them ethically.
This masterclass will develop your understanding of the dynamics of office politics, encourage a politically savvy approach and reveal how political savviness impacts your professional success. It is possible to be ethical and not sacrifice your values and principles and still be able to advance your career, contribute to building the organisation and your team. It is better to understand the subtext than pretend that office politics do not exist.
Areas to be covered supported by practical case studies:
– Define office politics
– Understand the power and leverage
– How to read between the line and hear the unsaid
– How to improve your political savviness?
– Exploring differences between rank power and stakeholder power
– Sharpening your influence skills
– Managing power relationships
– Mistakes to avoid
– Craft YOUR political strategy/plan
Who will benefit from this program?
– If you are starting out and new in corporate
– If you want to be successful in your career – no matter what success means for you
– If you want to feel in control of your career
– If you want to authentically and successfully play political games
Where: Online ZOOM Session, 19h00 – 20h30. Weekly on a Wednesday
Date: 8 September – 6 October 2021
Duration: 90 Minutes
Cost: $150/R1899 per person
For any information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once payment is received – the zoom details will be emailed to you directly.